This is a special posting for the following event being held in Buffalo, NY.
Join the Center for the Advancement of Sport for a cross-disciplinary conversation & CLE on the practical and legal ramifications of best sports medicine practices.
This event is sponsored by: UB Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, UB School of Public Health and Health Profession, and the UB Center for the Advancement of Sport.
Friday, February 14, 2020
UB Medical School from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
8:30 AM – 9:00 AM Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 AM – 9:15 AM Welcome & Introductory Remarks: Nellie Drew, Esq.
9:15 AM – 10:00 AM Dr. Michael Turner: “Concussion Consensus: certainty or confusion?”
10:00 AM -10:40 AM Dr. John Leddy & Dr. Barry Willer: “A Physiological Approach to the Management of Concussion”
10: 40 AM – 10:50 AM Break
10:50 AM – 11:30 AM Dr. Les Bisson: “What sports medicine injuries can be prevented, and how do we do it?”
11:30 AM – 11:50 AM Ryan Krzyzanowicz, DAT, ATC & Nellie Drew, Esq: “Practical & Policy Implications of Best Practices”
11:50 AM – 12:00 PM Wrap-up
To attend, please RSVP to email@example.com by Tuesday, February 4, 2020
Michael Turner MD
Medical Director and CEO of The International Concussion and Head Injury Research Foundation (ICHIRF) and Honorary Associate Professor at University College London. Team Great Britain Medical Officer at the Calgary 1988, Albertville 1992 and Lillehammer 1994 Winter Olympic Games. He is co-author of the Concussion in Sport Consensus Statements from Zurich 2012 and Berlin 2016, and on the expert panel for Paris 2020.
Leslie J. Bisson, MD
- June A. and Eugene R. Mindell, MD, Professor and Chair
- Department of Orthopaedics
- Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Medical Director, Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres
Barry Willer PhD
- Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Neurosciences, and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Director of research—University at Buffalo Concussion Research Center
- Co-Developer of the Buffalo Concussion Treadmill Test and other protocols for concussion assessment created at the UB Concussion Research Center
John Leddy MD
- Professor of Clinical Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Medical Director – University at Buffalo Concussion Management Clinic
- Team Physician- State University of New York at Buffalo
- Co-author of the Concussion in Sport Consensus Statement from Berlin 2016 and on the expert panel for Paris 2020.
Ryan Krzyzanowicz, DAT, ATC
- Clinical Associate Professor of Athletic Training
- Program Director – Master of Science in Athletic Training at University at Buffalo
- Heavily involved in interprofessional education and leadership at the University at Buffalo
- Serves as a CAATE (national accreditor) site visitor and on several national committees for the CAATE
Nellie Drew, Esq
- Director, UB Center for the Advancement of Sport
- Professor of Practice, Sports Law
- Facilitator of cross-disciplinary programming to facilitate understanding of legal and regulatory issues in context in the sports industry